travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It - Cora Carmack

Series: Losing It #1

Goodreads

Bliss is one semester away from graduating college, and she just told her best friend a big secret, she's still a virgin. Her friend believes this must be righted, so she forces Bliss to go out with her to a bar and find a man. Bliss then stumbles into a conversation with Garrick, a guy locked out of his apartment and passing the time by reading Shakespeare in a bar. Oh, and did I mention he is British?! They then spend a wonderful, yet awkward night together that turns into a failed one-night stand. Bliss goes to class on Monday only to find out Garrick is her new theatre professor. This then sparks the plot of an awkward, dramatic, yet sweet romance.

I really enjoyed this book. I am a fan of the New Adult genre, and I think this is a good one. What I really like about it, is that it's fun and entertaining without being overly dramatic. Obviously, there are some up and downs with the relationship, but it never went overboard.

Cora Carmack is great at writing funny, awkward scenes that make you love the characters. I definitely laughed quite a bit when reading this. The awkward scenes were actually pretty realistic and relatable. It was enjoyable seeing how they turned out.

I liked the romance as well. I like that the characters are actually pretty good at communicating. Garrick often says what is on his mind. Miscommunication issues in romance stories can get really annoying. Sure, Bliss and Garrick weren't perfect at it, but they resolved their issues well. It also wasn't a super emotional and tumultuous story, which I enjoyed.

A lot of new adult books I've read have broken my heart and left me in tears, and I like that this one didn't do that.

With that said, while I enjoyed it, I wasn't very emotionally attached to the characters or story, so that's why I didn't give it a higher rating. I didn't necessarily have problems with it, but I also didn't feel much depth.

This is a light, sweet new adult read with just enough drama to keep it entertaining. Garrick is a beautiful, British love interest who is definitely swoon-worthy, and it is filled with moments that will make you laugh.

I definitely recommend to New Adult lovers, especially if you are into theater and acting!