travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, Book 3)

The Sweet Far Thing  - Libba Bray This book.. wow this book. haha

Overall the series wasn't AMAZING to me, I really enjoyed the time period and the gothic feel, but I was never really in love with the series. With that said, this book is a great book, especially the ending. After 800 and something pages I felt very attached to the characters and the story, and I guess I did not really get that in the other two books. The beginning was fairly boring and sometimes hard to get through, I got a little put off because of the length and I just felt it was taking forever. BUT! The las 100 pages were just.. so sentimental. I loved seeing how the girls grew up and what they came to be. I had to give it 5 stars since it made me cry haha. It's a very well-written book with great characters and the ending ties it up perfectly. It also has some pretty great twists. Although I wish some events had not happened, I understand why they did. This book is definitely my favorite out of the series which is also why I gave it 5 stars, but the series as whole did not exactly captivate me.

Also- LOVE the theme of GIRL POWER!