travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Bloodlines

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead *4.5*

I really wish Goodreads did half-star ratings..

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and getting back into this world! I just couldn't give it 5 stars because I thought the beginning was a little boring and monotonous. I know it was building up to a big reveal and there was a lot of character development, but I just got tired of all the high school stuff and wanted some crazy vampire action lol! The ending was fabulous though, I loved the betrayal and the drama!
There was also some great mystery aspects that served for extra entertainment.

I really liked learning more about Sydney. At first she seems to be just a boring, rule-following, alchemist, but that is the furthest thing from the truth. It was super interesting to see her question all she has been taught and to see how she is opening her mind to possible new beliefs. She definitely had a harder life than I thought, and I enjoyed seeing how strong she really is. She is definitely a unique character.

The development of her and Adrian's relationship is fantastic because it is NOT insta-love for sure! I also adored how Sydney views Adrian differently than everybody else. Instead of just writing him off as an irresponsible, love-sick, party boy, she believes in him and knows that he is strong enough to move on with his life and do something. I loved reading through Sydney's POV and enjoyed her "spunk" haha!