travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin I am so proud of myself for reading this!

It was actually really really good. I felt some parts did drag on, but that might be because I took an entire month to read it. Overall, it went by fast and if I didn't have to read other books at the same time, I probably could have read this in a fairly short amount of time. There is so much drama and a lot of twists! There isn't a lot of action until towards the end, but I still think it keeps a nice pace to it. It's told from multiple character perspectives, and it's super interesting to see how their lives entwine with each other. Obviously, I found some characters more interesting than others, but all were entertaining. I really liked Lord Tyrion and Jon Snow! Their relationship and conversations were so cool. The relationships in this book are crazy. At one moment everyone is ok and then the next they want to kill each other!

I loved this book so much, which feels a little weird to say because some parts are very brutal and this book is definitely dark and twisted, but you can't help but love those aspects. They are just so entertaining. I really wish I could continue on with the sequel right now, but I am going to have to wait a few months. I am definitely looking forward to it though :)