travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Rebel Angels (The Gemma Doyle Trilogy Book #2)

Rebel Angels - Libba Bray Loved it!! *4.5*

At first I was kind of on the fence about it, but the last 100 pages were awesome, and totally captivated me.

Loved:
-The depth of the relationships between Gemma, Felicity, and Ann. I enjoyed seeing Felicity grow and show a more vulnerable side.
-The change in Gemma. I felt she really matured and stepped up to the plate in the end and I feel more connected to her than I did in the first book.
-The love interests. Now she has Simon and Kartik. I went back and forth on who I was rooting for, but I think in the end I have to go with Kartik =]
-The mystery and thriller aspects!! The twists surprised me and I definitely could not predict how it was going to end. It definitely got creepy at some parts and I loved all the new creatures introduced.
-The focus on Gemma's life outside of the realms. Her relationships with her father and brother were great. I love Historical Fiction and this book had a lot more of those elements, especially with the setting being in London. It gave a fresh and exciting environment.

Why I didn't give it 5 stars:
I just felt that I got a little bored in the beginning-middle. I can't quite say what it was, but I was not enthralled with it. I loved certain aspects but as a whole, I just was not thoroughly into it. The huge plot twist really threw me back into the story and the ending was fantastic!