travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Uninvited

Uninvited - Sophie Jordan *4.25*

This is an interesting and enjoyable read! This future would is very intriguing and it was interesting to think about what it would be like if we discovered a gene that predicts violence.
There are dark themes and this book brings up many topics about teen violence and the issues of the world we live in today.
I liked the main character Davy, she has her head on straight and even though she had terrible things happen to her, she kept going. She did complain at times, but I think it's understandable and realistic.
I also enjoyed the dash of romance. I think it's done very well. The side characters are very entertaining and it was so cool getting to know them and their stories.
This is a brutal story and some parts were hard to read, but it made me think and it was really eerie to put myself in Davy's situation.
The beginning of this book was a little slow for me, but it definitely picked up. I like the turn that it takes towards the end and I am definitely intrigued to read the next book!
I think fans of The Darkest Minds would really enjoy this book. It reminds of a little of that series, but not as intense or complex.
This isn't a super unique or original idea, but it is a realistic view into what could happen in our future and a thought-provoking read!