travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Etched

Etched - Britt Nunes *4.5*

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed with this novel. My favorite aspect is the characters! They are all so unique with their own personalities. I couldn't help but fall in love with them.
The plot is pretty crazy. Starting off the book, the main character, Basil, has lost her memory. We read from her POV, first person. Therefore, we don't have a clear idea of what is going on or what has happened. The author does a beautiful job of weaving information into the story. I felt that there was a natural pace to the flow of information, and I never felt overloaded. She leaves out just enough to entice you, but gives you enough so that you don't feel overwhelmed with confusion.
There are many insane twists, especially towards the end. You can tell the book is building up to something big the whole time. It's best going into the book not knowing too much because that's where the excitement comes from. There is a lot of mystery behind Basil and why she is the way she is. Finding out everything is so fun!
I love the writing style. It's very descriptive without going overboard. I had a clear image in my head of the scenes and characters, but at the same time, the plot doesn't get bogged down with description. Her writing makes the characters feel very real and interesting.
I love all of the different personalities. There are a good bit of characters, but I feel that each one has complexity and depth.
There is also a sort-of romance, which is developed very well.
I enjoyed how this book ended, there's just enough closure and answers, but also a cliffhanger to make me excited for the next book.
Overall, I feel this book is nicely balanced. There is sufficient down-time to develop characters, but also a riveting and action-filled plot! There is a nice flow to the writing and I really didn't want to stop reading. At the beginning there are a lot of mysteries and secrets, but as the story moves on, we get answers.
The only reason I can't give this book five stars is because I still have questions at the end. I feel these should have been answered in this book, and if they were, the answers weren't very clear.
These questions don't ruin the book for me, but I am just slightly confused.

I highly recommend this book to people who enjoy books like Mind Games by Kiersten White!