travelingthroughpages

Traveling Through Pages

I am a 20 year-old college student majoring in Biochemistry, who loves to read and make book-related videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Not a Drop to Drink

Not a Drop to Drink - Mindy McGinnis *4.5*

I loved this so much!! Don't go into this thinking it's going to be action from the first page because it's not. It is slow and focuses on characters, but that is what I loved about this book. It definitely reminds me of the show The Walking Dead, but without zombies. It is about people and how they are surviving in this deteriorating world. I adored all of the characters, especially the main character Lynn. I love how they all come from different walks of life, but they ban together to make the best of their situation.
Lynn is so great and such an interesting character. She has lived in the wilderness all her life and has never even experienced electricity. She's shot a gun since she was strong enough to hold one, and all she has lived for is survival and staying alive day to day. Her life changes in this book and it was wonderful seeing her grow, learn, and experience what it means to live.
This is a wonderful, realistic survival story that definitely does not skimp out on the hard ships of a world that is being depleted of water.

My only problem with this book is that I wanted MORE, it was too short haha
I wanted further insight into characters and relationships, I wanted a better idea of the world as a whole, and I want to know more about why all of this is happening. Maybe that will be further explored in the sequel coming out this year ;)

Great read!